Marriage is a complex subject to handle. Here is a list of questions every man needs to ask himself about his future wife before getting married.
- Does she fly into rages without warning over relatively trivial matters like a web page loading too slowly?
- Are you always the scapegoat/bad guy whenever she’s frustrated, disappointed, or just plain bored?
- Do her friends (that is if she has any) describe her as a “drama queen?”
- Does she describe herself as a drama queen?
- Is her lipstick a little too red? Is it applied like theater makeup and a tad crooked?
- Did sex begin with an earth-shattering bang and fizzle into infrequent, transactional, and conditional sex?
These questions are important. Keep reading!
- Is she a black-and-white, all-or-nothing thinker?
- Do you lie to your family, friends, and colleagues about what goes on at home?
- Are you finding yourself making excuses to your family, friends, and colleagues for her inexcusable behavior?
- Do you find yourself walking on eggshells around her?
- Does she hate your friends and family and become angry or tearful when you spend time with them?
- Is she pathologically jealous?
These are warning signs for anyone considering marriage. Almost done!
- Does she project her feelings onto you? For example, she’s yelling and raging and then accuses you of being angry.
- Does focus solely on her emotional experience while exhibiting little or no empathy for yours?
- Have you distanced yourself from friends and family because of your relationship?
- Does she place you on a pedestal one day only to tear you down the next day?
- Did she change her identity after she landed you? For example, when you first met her she was a sexy, adventurous, sweet ballbuster; now, she’s afraid of her own shadow, has no outside interests, and goes ballistic if she has to do anything without you.
- Are you constantly in “no win” situations and nothing you do is good enough?
Marriage is hard. You don’t want to make it harder by marrying a walking red flag.
If you answer yes to 2 or more of these questions you should make an appointment to help you avoid a potentially huge mistake. If you are already married to this person there is help for you too.
About Metro Medical Direct
Dr. Raymond Zakhari is the owner and operator of Metro Medical Direct and provides Telehealth and in-home visits. He also provides in-home alcohol and drug rehabilitation. Book an appointment here and check out the rest of this site for more information about concierge medicine.
Also, check out Dr. Ray’s Podcast The Psychology of it All here. Also available on Apple Podcasts.