Dr. Raymond Zakhari, NP
The average male much less an alpha male is not going to eagerly lie on a stranger’s couch and discuss their feelings. Feelings for many men are a tactile sensation commonly experienced through the use of their largest organ (the skin). Most men characterize health in terms of function and form. If it works well and looks good they are fine. Manly Men similar to my seasoned citizens do not typically get help until facing functional failure or observing an oddity. The longer a man fails to recognize his failure the longer it will take to achieve success. Help can be provided in the familiar format of a discreet medical house call.
However, the thought of spending months to years in therapy overthinking the minutia of life is NOT appropriate for most dysfunctions. Besides, who has the time and money for that? I am sure you have or had good reasons for the maladaptive coping mechanism or three (addictions to drugs, addiction to alcohol, pornography, sex addiction, gambling addiction, your mother’s approval etc.). However, while these solutions were working for you; you have managed to avoid confronting the difficult problems in life. The good news is you have survived thus far. The bad news is at some point you must pay the piper.
Has something in your life changed, and are you are less able to cope using your old ways? Perhaps you are gripped by fear and not leaving home, becoming more depressed, withdrawn and anxious, and no amount of self-medication seems to be helping.
Conventional talk therapy would have you on the shrink’s couch for months as the therapist gets to know you and builds a therapeutic alliance i.e.getting you to like them. Then they may attempt to rehash all of the painful details of your past while reinforcing your victim status. You may find yourself leaving one codependent (drama-filled) relationship for another (with a therapist). The relationship with the therapist may even be more expensive than your drug habit, your gambling debt and or your sex addiction.
A Man Therapy practitioner is like having a coach qualified to help you strategize across many aspects of your life, and comes to your home equipped with a large armamentarium. In Man Therapy the goal is to cut to the chase as quickly as possible and to restore your functioning as a purposeful productive manly member of society. The aim is to identify the functional deficit(s) and to find a strategy to achieve the goal, and certainly NOT to have you as a weekly patient for months, much less for many years. Sometimes a goal still needs to be identified. Man Therapy can help with that too. During the process, you may feel something, not through your skin. Should that occur it can be dealt with it accordingly. Man Therapy is like physical therapy for the mind.
Do you want you to be a victim of your feelings (of which you have no control)?
Are you man enough for Man Therapy at home?
- Man Therapy is done discretely in the privacy of your home, office, hotel, cigar shop, walking and talking, via webcam, text message or some other masculine mutually agreeable means
- Man Therapy begins with an initial face to face encounter as a medical house call which includes a comprehensive physical exam (It is possible that there is something medically wrong with you, and I need to see what I am working with)
- Many Therapy may require certain diagnostic tests which also can be done in the comfort of your home or man cave
- Man Therapy might be more efficient and effective with psychopharmacology (especially when needing to detox and withdraw from an addiction) in some cases (I am not a fan of long-term medication use, but I am a fan of using all tools at our disposal to accelerate the process).
- Man Therapy can be used for anyone who needs to man-up to a pressing problem (with the utmost discretion in your home)
- Man Therapy is most effective for financially secure men ages 25- 55 years of age
In the immortal words of Larry the Cable Guy: Git er was done!
Dr. Raymond Zakhari is a triple board certified (Adult- Adolescent, Family Practice, Psychiatric Mental Health) Nurse Practitioner (NP). He provides Concierge Medical House Call services in Manhattan and outer boroughs.
General #MedicalHouseCalls #PsychiatricHouseCalls (Therapy & Medication Management) #SkilledNursing House Calls Dr. Raymond Zakhari, NP does not take any insurance as he is out of network; provides concierge-style medical and psychiatric House call services. (If you have out of network benefits you may be reimbursed, check your plan for details).