Are you man enough for talk therapy?
Effective therapy is not about the therapist providing you the answers to your questions, but rather being asked the right questions. In therapy, you will be invited to expand your perspective. In our sessions, you will not be told what you ought to do, because even if you agree with me something is appealing to doing the exact opposite.
Some questions you may have in talk therapy may include:
- Does your preconceived notion or idea apply in all contexts, and if not, why not?
- What is possible?
- What evidence do you have for your preconceived notion or idea?
- Is your assessment of your situation fair?
Some philosophical questions to consider once you are beyond an immediate crisis:
- Have you longed for a deeper and fuller life?
- Have you grown weary of frothy experiences and shallow platitudes?
- Do you suspect and wonder about something greater than yourself?
- Are you ready to discover your purpose in life?
If you answer yes to the following question then you are ready, and if you answer no perhaps this is not the time.
Do you feel a stirring sense of desire inside of you when you hear the following words?
- Submission and obedience
Do you believe there is more to life?
“The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people.”
– Richard Foster of Fuller Theological Seminary
About Metro Medical Direct
Dr. Raymond Zakhari is the owner and operator of Metro Medical Direct and provides Telehealth and in-home visits. He provides talk therapy and also in-home alcohol and drug rehabilitation. Book an appointment here and check out the rest of this site for more information about concierge medicine.
Also, check out Dr. Ray’s Podcast The Psychology of it All here. Also available on Apple Podcasts.