What is The Whole Package Physical?
- It is a comprehensive physical exam for men (the group who normally neglects primary care for many years at a time). It is a convenient one stop shop in which all the services are provided in your home.
What is the process to begin?
- Once you decide to take your health seriously the process is simple: Just text me your name and address in NYC
Who will do the Men’s Health Physical Exam?
- The Men’s Health Physical exam is performed by a male board certified nurse practitioner in the comfort of your home or hotel in Manhattan. The nurse practitioner is board certified in both family practice and family psychiatry with specialized training in sex therapy.
What is included in the Whole Package Men’s Health Physical and how does it differ from an Executive Health Physical Exam or a basic physical exam?
- During your Whole Package Comprehensive Physical Exam, unlike the drive by physicals you may have had in the past, you will be asked to undress down to your underwear and eventually get totally naked (some guys wear a jockstrap for modesty). The exam will include a total body skin exam, vital signs, multisystem evaluation (head-to-toe), urine dipstick, hemo-occult screening for colon cancer, prostate cancer screening, and testicular cancer screening. Diagnostic tests include 12-Lead EKG, Cardiac Echo, Bilateral lower extremity arterial ultrasound, carotid artery ultrasound, and abdominal ultrasound.
- Recommendations for screening tests, and referrals to specialists are based on the telehealth visit which will also include a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation.
- I will screen for family medical history, depression, anxiety, and sleep disorders before your physical exam. After your physical exam other tests and referrals may be recommended.
- Most executive health physicals refer you to dermatology for a Total Body Skin Exam, and urology for a digital rectal exam prostate cancer screening, and cardiology for cholesterol and blood pressure management, and even radiology for whole body scan (the equivalent of 500 x-rays worth of radiation exposure at one time) and before you know it you’ve become a professional patient.
- As a busy man you likely do not have a mountain of free time to run from doctor’s office to doctor’s office. Referrals are made if a problem requiring a specialist is found or if ONLY a specialist is required to screen (for example a colonoscopy). This is your one-stop-body shop
What kind of blood work or lab tests will be ordered?
- Commonly recommended bloodwork includes a complete blood count, comprehensive metabolic profile, hemoglobin A1C, and Lipid profile, TSH with reflex to Free T4, testosterone, and Hepatitis C Antibody, HIV, RPR, and urine test.
- These tests will screen for anemias, kidney function, liver function, thyroid function, and diabetes, risk factors for heart disease, infectious hepatitis, human immunodeficiency virus, and sexually transmitted diseases.
- These tests can be done at a Quest Lab near you, or an arrangement can be made to have the blood drawn in your home.
What happens after your Whole Package Men’s Health Physical?
After physical exam and all your results have all come in, a personalized pod cast and copies of your reports will be provided with recommendations for what you can do to maintain your health for the year.
What does the Whole Package Men’s Health Physical Exam cost?
The cost of the executive health men’s physical is $6000.00 and includes the telehealth visit (medical history and psychiatric evaluation), the medical house call physical exam, in home imaging tests, and personalized podcast summary and copies of your reports. It does not include blood work lab tests or pharmacogenomic testing.