Family Health Care
Comprehensive Primary Health Care
You and your loved ones can have all your primary health care needs met by Dr. Raymond Zakhari, NP at Metro Medical Direct.
Dr. Zakhari will visit you at your home, office, hotel room – basically, wherever is most convenient for you – and deliver the medical care and attention you require.
These medical house calls save you the hassle of going to the doctor’s office and may include the following services:
- Chronic disease management
- Coordination of care
- Diagnostic screenings, imaging and lab testing
- Healthy weight loss
- Hospital at home
- Liaison with primary and specialty care doctors
- Medication management
- Palliative care and hospice
- Physical exams
- Preventive care
- Sick visits
Because physical and mental health issues are often intertwined, Dr. Zakhari also offers family mental health services, including sex therapy and addiction treatment.
Dr. Zakhari sees patients of all ages: adults, children, and adolescents.
Senior Health Care
Primary home-based health care allows geriatric patients to maintain their independence in the comfort of their home. As a part of this care, the Metro Medical Direct transitional care program and memory disorders program are effective ways to help loved ones avoid hospitalizations, readmissions, and long-term care placement.
Our transitional care program bridges the gap between hospital discharge and home. Most hospital readmissions occur in the months immediately following discharge, while awaiting a follow-up appointment with a physician's office. Medical house calls can prevent minor problems from becoming major issues and provide continuity of care to patients who need it most.
The Metro Medical Direct program is unique among health care providers because the transitional care provided by Dr. Raymond Zakhari, NP combines medical and psychiatric care, which can put an end to the revolving door of hospital admissions and ER visits.
Conditions treated through Metro Medical Direct’s transitional care program include:
- Stroke (CVA/TIA) – which can be caused by a blood clot or bleeding in the brain
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) – a condition in which the heart is not able to pump effectively
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) – typically involves emphysema and chronic bronchitis, lung diseases that make it difficult to breathe. COPD is a major cause of right-sided congestive heart failure.
- Chronic Medical Conditions – including uncontrolled diabetes, hypertension (high blood pressure), and more
- Dementia – often associated with functional decline and memory problems, such as with Alzheimer’s disease
The following services are included in Metro Medical Direct’s transitional care program:
- Inpatient Evaluation (before the patient leaves the hospital):
- Chart review
- Patient and family interview
- Disease-specific management needs assessment
- Medication reconciliation to prevent medication errors
- Discharge guide – please print this form and have these questions answered before you are sent home from the hospital
- Home Visit (within 48 hours of discharge):
- Medical house call to evaluate how patient is adjusting to being home and revisions to the plan of care, if necessary
- Education and training for patients, family members, or caregivers about the condition and patient’s needs
- Follow-Up Home Visits:
- Medical house calls depending on identified needs
- Follow-up with patient’s primary health care provider
- Medical care for new issues or ongoing needs
Our memory evaluation includes a comprehensive physical and neuropsychiatric assessment to properly diagnose a patient’s condition and prescribe treatment.
Dr. Raymond Zakhari, NP offers special expertise in evaluating and treating age-related memory disorders that affect cognition and behavior in older adults. Dr. Zakhari can manage the full spectrum of behavioral problems that often accompany dementia, providing a valuable resource for patients, families, and caregivers.
Conditions treated include mild cognitive impairment, Alzheimer's disease, Lewy body dementia, vascular dementia (brain damage caused by multiple strokes), Parkinson's disease dementia, and frontotemporal dementia (FTD).
Patients who have already been diagnosed with a memory disorder can benefit from a memory evaluation by Dr. Raymond Zakhari, NP. An important part of this evaluation is determining whether the condition is due to aging, sensory overload, or another health problem that should be investigated.
Those who wish to plan for the future may also benefit from a memory evaluation.
Some early signs and symptoms of dementia include:
- Decrease in levels of functioning, hygiene, and/or incontinence
- Sudden weight loss or gain and problems with eating or feeding
- Difficulty managing appointments, medications, or finances
- Complicated or poorly managed chronic health condition
- Two or more hospital or ER visits within one year
- Poor judgment, impaired thinking, or confusion
- Skin breakdown, bedsores, or pressure ulcers
- History of poor balance or falls
- Changes in sleep patterns
If you have noticed new short-term memory loss, a change in a person’s ability to perform everyday tasks (such as handling finances, executive planning, shopping, or cooking), unusual behaviors, or confusion, consider a confidential consultation with Dr. Raymond Zakhari, NP.
Primary Care Physician New York, NY
Have you been looking for a primary care doctor who brings the health care you need to you? Dr. Raymond Zakhari, NP, offers a wide range of medical care for individuals and families in Manhattan. For more information, contact Metro Medical Direct by calling (917) 484-2709 or request a confidential consultation now.