Psychiatric Mental Health
Mental Health Psychiatrist, New York, NY
Once you decide you need psychiatric care, the next steps can be daunting. You'll need to find a provider, make an appointment, get to the office, and sit with others in a waiting room until it's your turn. The stress, awkwardness, and embarrassment are enough to make you second-guess your decision. Dr. Raymond Zakhari, NP at Metro Medical Direct wants to remedy that.
Dr. Zakhari provides psychiatric mental health services via house call, webcam, and phone. He evaluates and treats mood and psychotic disorders, as well as dementia and addictions. His goal-directed approach is ideal for individuals, couples, and families with relationship issues. His psychiatry services are available to adults, children, and adolescents.
At Metro Medical Direct, you'll receive mental health care that focuses on reconnecting you to meaningful values, resolving childhood trauma, developing status and respect, and fostering a sense of hopefulness in a secure future. Medication is used only as a last resort. Dr. Zakhari's treatment philosophy is a holistic one that aims to heal you in connection to the natural world you live in.
Mental health conditions Dr. Zakhari addresses include:
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Psychiatric disorders
- Relationship issues
- Substance abuse
The psychiatric care Dr. Zakhari offers may include:
- Psychotherapy. This involves the management of mental health issues without the use of medication. It includes traditional talk therapy and family therapy services in which couples or family members are included in order to work through issues. In addition, Dr. Zakhari is specially trained in sex therapy.
- Neurocognitive testing. Dr. Zakhari is specially trained and experienced in administering noninvasive tests to determine a patient’s cognitive brain functioning. His memory evaluations can help identify a variety of disorders that can affect thinking or behavior in older adults.
- Psychopharmacology. A wide variety of medications are available to treat mental health issues. These include selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) to treat anxiety and depression, as well as long-acting, injectable antipsychotic medications for patients suffering from psychosis. Naltrexone (Vivitrol®) and other medications may be used to help patients reduce their dependence on alcohol or drugs.
Notably, Dr. Zakhari offers genetic testing to help guide therapy selection. Pharmacogenomic testing identifies how your DNA influences your response to certain drugs. This allows Dr. Zakhari to individually tailor your treatment based on your metabolic functioning. This allows faster and more effective relief from your symptoms – instead of the trial-and-error method typical in psychiatric treatment.
A combination of psychotherapy and medication is often called for, especially as a part of addiction treatment or crisis intervention. Treatment of drug or alcohol dependence or addiction centers on at-home detox followed by maintenance care to prevent relapse.
Sex therapy is a behavioral intervention to help couples enhance or perform better in the bedroom. Therapy is intended for both partners and everyone keeps their clothes on during therapy sessions.
Sex therapy is specifically designed to address problems such as:
- Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Inability to orgasm
- Low or absent sexual desire
- Mixed orientation marriages
- Painful intercourse
- Premature or delayed ejaculation
No subject is off limits.
Couples will learn to speak to each other effectively about sex and understand how your childhood and your parent’s marriage are affecting your relationships.
What to Expect
Before therapy can begin, an evaluation is conducted, consisting of four discrete sessions:
- Session 1 (with both of you in your home): We discuss how each of you view the problem and what effect is it having.
- Session 2 (web-cam with one person): We discuss your individual sexual history, your take on the problem, and how your partner is aggravating, perpetuating, or alleviating the problem.
- Session 3 (web-cam with the other person): We discuss your individual sexual history, your take on the problem, and how your partner is aggravating, perpetuating, or alleviating the problem.
- Session 4 (with both of you in your home): If sex therapy is right for your situation, Dr. Zakhari will offer a diagnosis and a treatment plan. Subsequent sessions will include both parties.
If you are interested, request an appointment now and indicate that you would like a sex therapy evaluation and consultation. Please include your partner’s email address as well. You will receive an email containing assessment forms that you should complete individually and not discuss with each other. You will each email the forms back separately; do not include identifying information on your forms such as your name, address, phone number, etc.
Life – and relationships – are more unpredictable and complicated than ever before. Smart couples who want to stay together don't wait until there's a problem. Premarital counseling is for any couple who want to discover their strengths, weaknesses, and how to get better at dealing with conflict.
Because problems are inevitable, premarital counseling can help a couple discover the tools they need to stay connected and keep their relationship vibrant and mutually rewarding. Addressing issues early – before they even occur – may be the key to staying together.
Discreet and convenient psychiatric care in the comfort of your Manhattan, New York, home is just a phone call away. Call (917) 484-2709 or request a confidential consultation today.